Lethargic Guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their waste(what little I've seen has been white or red. Very long when white. Just looked again to make sure, and the female has moved for the first time in at least 2 days and looks like she has a strand of clear coming out of her.
My guess is that the fish has some sort of parasite, or that your water has something seriously wrong in it. I agree that you MUST get the water tested with a liquid test kit ASAP!

Yup. The only reason i hadn't cleaned it beforehand was the fry. But they're fine so i worried for nothing...lol

I think it maybe my male lemon cobra(?) he's been really bloated and not eating well...leads me to think some kind of intestinal parasite...

ForumRunner_20120422_063834.jpg

Hi sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! Must have missed your post. :/
Usually once the scales start standing up/out there's no going back. You can try antibiotics and salt baths but usually it just eases symptoms. Dropsy can be difficult to treat because it's usually a build up of bodily fluids caused by organ failure, internal infections or things like tumors.

Back
Top Bottom