Lethargic molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mypippa1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have noticed my fabourite molly (called Jane after a friend) has been sitting on the bottom or behind the filter and not eating. She looks thin and scrawny and i am worried about her. What hasnt helped is my male keeps trying to breed with her (despite four other females) so i am going to buy more females tommorrow. Is there any food or something that could help her? Thanks

Parasites, fish TB or old age can cause this. Can you see her bones(skeleton)?
Few Questions:
-Tank Size
-Water Paramaters
-Number Of fish
-Full List of Symptoms
-Begining date of symptoms

I cant see her skeleton as she is a rust sorta colour. My tank is around100l and has 5 female sailfin mollies 2 male sailfin mollies 1 male balloon and around 15 guppies plus babies. I have a bristlenose plec a baby hoplo catfish one small parrot cichlid and four baby clown loaches who are moving tanks when they are bigger. She has just been sitting on the bottom and hiding behind the filter or in a pot and not eating. She looks thin and i will try to add a photo

I cant see her skeleton as she is a rust sorta colour. My tank is around100l and has 5 female sailfin mollies 2 male sailfin mollies 1 male balloon and around 15 guppies plus babies. I have a bristlenose plec a baby hoplo catfish one small parrot cichlid and four baby clown loaches who are moving tanks when they are bigger. She has just been sitting on the bottom and hiding behind the filter or in a pot and not eating. She looks thin and i will try to add a photo
Then ill wait but you're overstocked.

Sorry cant get a photo through the water.just to mention i am planning to move the cichlid and some larger mollies and clown loaches to a bigger tank soon.

Back
Top Bottom