Lonely fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I moved 7 fish to a new home and my jack Dempsey stays in a barrel that my blood parrots used to always stay in. He barely comes out to eat and it looks like he is lonely. I didn't know fish could be lonely.

Fishie said:
I moved 7 fish to a new home and my jack Dempsey stays in a barrel that my blood parrots used to always stay in. He barely comes out to eat and it looks like he is lonely. I didn't know fish could be lonely.

Some can be. He could be just adjusting to the change. I don't know much about JD's but I'm sure someone who does will respond.

shellieca said:
Some can be. He could be just adjusting to the change. I don't know much about JD's but I'm sure someone who does will respond.

Thanks for responding!! Making sure they can get lonely making sure I'm not crazy. I just feel really bad and it's been a weeks or more.

I have a male JD. did the same thing. So i put 5 more and a female jack dempsey. Aside from them hiding together and coming out to eat on occation, nothing has changed. But he moves alot at night.

Back
Top Bottom