long stringey whiteish pooh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi my gold fish have had there first set of eggs laid, since this i have noticed some long stringey white pooh which has orange parts to it,(there main food pellet is orange in colour) Is this something to do with them eating there own eggs?. Also i ahave recently adding a new tank mate she is really small. I know slightly overstocked with four fancy goldfish in a 42 gallon but i am getting a 300Litre tank in the next two months. The reason i have got another goldfish is i had two male black moors and they were always chasing my female calico fantail. She has just recently laid her first set of eggs she is just under a year old(maybe slightly older as i got her as a baby and had nearly a year. One black moor is a year old and the other who i believe to be the father is 2years old. The new goldfish is only a baby bout 6months old. Anyone know who is likely to be having this stringey white pooh i have only seen it since the female laid eggs. I have had the new goldfish over a week now .All fish are showing healthy behaviour and eating very well

I basically tried to get another female hence while i added another goldfish to a stocked tank. With two males and one female i thought if i can get another female in there it would take the pressure of the other female. My males are very active when it comes to the spawning way of things. I dont think my little moor dave who is only nearly a year old knows what he is doing but when Ludo the big 2year moor starts chasing My female calico fantail Hoggle Dave the little moor gets in on the action and chases too. its funny to watch and my female doesnt seem to get too stressed out about it. They will chase and she will still try to eat or dig about in the pebbles and do her normal things.

I always planned to get a 300litre tank and have four goldfish so although i know its not a good idea to overstock i thought at least the new goldfish can get to know the others and settle in and she is only a little one so i can then move them all over together when upgrade to a 300litre which i think is 79 us gallons

Back
Top Bottom