Long stringy white poop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Exigenn

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had one of my big female endlers die a bit earlier today. I attributed it to just age or something random. Now im not so sure, While walking by the tank i noticed my other large female with a long(double her body length at least) whitish/clear string of poop just hanging off.

I have no clue here and am lost. I have went months without any losses and now One of my first fish has died and i have had 7 deaths in the last 72hrs...

The other deaths were in a different tank. I had the white cloud minnows less then 3 days before problems. First few days were all good eating normal active ect.

So after doing about a 15% change 3 days ago i went to do a 25% 2 days ago being that its still a fairly new tank. Only to notice 5 of my white cloud were either floating/hovering near the top or laying on the substrate with very little movement. Even after sticking a net in their to move them to a different tank temporarily they let me net them without moving. It was at this time i also noticed a dead neon tetra which i have had for months. 2 of them ended up making a temporary recovery. While doing another PWC today i found the 2 other white cloud minnows dead. All of the other inhabitants look totally fine, water parameters are fine.

Sense the problems started i have been doing 25% water changed daily on every tank. Added airstones to all the tank and just about anything i can think would possibly have some sort of effect. But without knowing whats going on i cant help fix it. I fasted all of the tanks for a day so i don't think its some sort of bloating or overfeeding.

Im at a total loss here. Go from 8 months with no losses to several in a few short days.

Is the only symptom white stringy poo?
What do you feed them?
Are they skinny or bloated?
Body fungus or lesions?

How hard is your water? When i first introduced my fish into my 29 when we had well water they all had white stringy detritus because the adjustment to hardness in a fashion calcified it once it exited the fish

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Is the only symptom white stringy poo?
The only one i can see/notice

What do you feed them?
Frozen brine shrimp/bloodworms/baby brine, Omega 1 freshwater flakes and tetramin

Are they skinny or bloated?
The one that had the symptom was in a breeding tank so kinda hard to tell, Either slightly bloated or close to popping.

Body fungus or lesions?
Not in either case (different tanks)

How hard is your water?
a little on the hard side, but i have had that particular fish for over 6 months and never noticed it before.

Certain fish are prone to certain diseases.
Guppies are prone to camallanus and callapria gut worms/nematodes.
Guppies dont really get anything else internal, like HITH that chiclids get.
They can get stringy poo from something they ate as well. I would not jump to the camallanus conclusion just yet, but observe them closely and try to keep the sick tank and equiptment seperate from any other tanks you might have.
And guppies love hard water.
Sounds like something diet related thus far....
Never feed live tubifex worms or daphnia to guppies, they carry the worms and in the past were a nitmare to guppy breeders until they started using freeze dried tubifex.

hm, well see how it does with them.

Now to figure out the other tanks deal.... 4 dead white cloud so symptoms and a neon tetra that i have had for months

The white cloud were new so i can just attribute that to bad stock or stress but the neon with them seems weird to me. Everything else in the tanks seems to be fine though.

Back
Top Bottom