Looking for a pest ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
These little guys have just popped out all over. :ermm: I am not sure what they are so I don't know how to treat them. They don't seem to be bothering the fish, but they are on multiple glass surfaces in one of my 55gal. In the pictures they are on an old diving mask which is on one side of the tank. Any idea on what they are let me know. Water parameters 0, 0, 5, pH 7.5 temp 80F. I really don't want ANOTHER problem with this tank. It all started with a darn filter problem that it is STILL recovering from. :banghead:

Worms in tank - YouTube

Hi, I posted a reply on your other thread. It's probably planaria; harmless but a sign you are overfeeding and undercleaning the substrate. :)

Yup it is planaria for sure I hate them that's why I got this to kill those buggers

Attachments

• image-399083663.jpg
    image-399083663.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 71
wow! i didn't know they made anything for it! sweet! but i am first going to just sand vac and PWC for a while and see if it helps. Plus I will be feeding extremely lightly for a while. I won't starve them, so don't worry!

That's nuts. You shouldn't need meds for something that you have to change your habits for anyway. Doesn't make much sense to me, and sounds like a complete waste of money.

I've never experienced planaria. I feed every 2-3 days and never ever overfeed. :)

this is the tank that had the ich outbreak and massive die off. I never found two fish that died so I think their bodies added to this mess. I have been trying to keep up with the tank but have just had another diatom outbreak and die off, so i was wondering if this adds to it.

Back
Top Bottom