-.- Loosing its scales? -.-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dark Okime

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, i have been wondering ever since i bought the fish.
I bought a goldfish for my 60l tank, with 2 other goldfish and 5 white cloulds. (Plus 2 plecs). I have been feeding them properly and i have also been putting wafers in the tank.

The goldfish was PURE Black, but now at the bottom (At his belly) it is turning white. Im not shure if he is losing his scales or not. Could people give me some advise? Thanks ;)

::Dark

Goldfish changing colors.

Hi, i have been wondering ever since i bought the fish.
I bought a goldfish for my 60l tank, with 2 other goldfish and 5 white cloulds. (Plus 2 plecs). I have been feeding them properly and i have also been putting wafers in the tank.

The goldfish was PURE Black, but now at the bottom (At his belly) it is turning white. Im not shure if he is losing his scales or not. Could people give me some advise? Thanks :wink:

: Dark

Goldfish quite frequently change colors from black to either orange or yellowish depending on the type of goldie. Can you post a pic at all?

Is he eating normally? Can you post your water parameters to help us figure out if it is normal or not?

What size are your goldfish? Goldfish need 20 gals for the first goldie and 10 gals each additional goldfish. Also common plecos if that is what you have will quickly outgrow your tank. You will need a new tank for your fish depending on what size they are now.

My fish (all of them) are eating perfetly fine. Because the plecos are coldwater; they only grow up to an inch. The gold fish are about 1 1/2 inch each. I have 3 of them. As for the 5 white clouds, they are around 1/2 inch ea.

Its a 60L tank and they have plenty of room to swim in.

I will try to get a picture as soon as possible.

:: Dark

Goldfish fry are all black at first, and they change colour as they age. Unless you have a moor, your black goldfish will likely not be black as it grows. <Even for black moors, most will turn dark brown (with a yellow/white tummy) as they age. .....>

Back
Top Bottom