losing guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a thirty gallon tank, that had 15 guppies- now down to 8. they began to linger at the top, not moving around or eating. they began to look ( gutted) nothing inside. i added areation. then i noticed a spot of mouth rot on one i added salt, and some fungus tabs. they have since began to move around. will i lose the rest? what should i do?:bandit:

unsure, don,t have test kit, the water used in this tank is aged pond water. i have an above ground pond 12by12 3 ft deep that i keep guppies in outside. decided to move some inside 4 days ago. BIG MISTAKE?

The water contains no beneficial bacteria. You are likely going through a cycle. Do a large water change and add dechlorinator. Is the tank heated?

If they are starting to look better like you said in the first post then i would just keep doing what you're doing. My guess to why they are dieing is stress from the tempature change. Theres a pretty big change from outside to inside.

Back
Top Bottom