lost a friend today.. not sure why :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterashley

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When i found her today she was floating with the current.. fins were sort of stiff and she would only randomly get spurt of energy. I tried to put her in a separate cycled tank but within 30 minutes she was gone :(

Also.. another weird thing i noticed.. shewas pregnant by the way... was that not only was her anal area dark but it seemed to be dark around her entire belly area :/ nevrr had this happen before and i would like to keep the others from the same fate... any idea on what possibly plagued her?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130508_222603.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130508_222603.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 78
when a guppy is prego, it puts alot on strain on here body becuase she give live birth. I lost a guppy after her second time giving birth and ready for her third. This is possible, some time its just hard to tell, have you checked your levels? Whats yohr tank size and other fish in there

Im thinking she died while trying to give birth she was down in the corner by the filter and when she came up she didn't look so good she tried going back down but then came back up again that's when I found her more floating with the current than swimming

Back
Top Bottom