Lost another betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfairy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so some of you probably read my other thread a couple weeks ago about how I came to work and my betta fish had disappeared. I got a new betta to replace him and now it has happened again in the same exact way! I came to work and he is not in the tank and not laying anywhere near the tank on the desk or the floor. I never really figured out what happened before and had come to the conclusion that he jumped out and the cleaning crew disposed of him. It just seems so weird that this would happen twice in exactly the same way over a 2 week period. This really upsets me because I'm not even sure I'll be able to keep a fish at work anymore. :(

If your tank doesn't have a lid you need a new one. That will keep him from jumping out.

I find it weird also. Is it possible that your bettas are being stolen ? Get a tank with a lid - it would take alot more guts to do something if there really is "foul play" involved.

I just can't imagine an office where that occured. My coworker had a betta jump out of his bowl once so it happens.

Yeah I'm definitely going to get a new tank with a lid. The light quit working on my current one a while back so I needed a new one anyway. I was just trying to wait a little while since I just bought all my supplies for my 55g. Petco is running a pretty good sale this weekend so I'll probably go there and see what they have.

What really upsets me though is that if the fish really did jump out of the tank, the cleaning crew could have thrown him away before he was really dead. I know that you can sometimes put them back in the water and they'll pop back. Thinking about that reallly kills me.

Don't beat yourself up too badly, you had the first betta for years without an issue, and you couldn't have expected the second guy to jump. Its not your fault and the next betta will have a nice new tank which I'm sure he'll be very happy in.

Back
Top Bottom