Lost Guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjrom1022

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 20 gal tank that (had) 5 fancy guppies and 7 neon tetras and a bunch of bladder snails (pests). the tank got ick and one of the guppies is dead and now i can't find another one. i checked all the plants, i lifted up the wood and checked all over it, i have a sponge on my filter intake and i even checked inside my filter. i checked in the sand to see if it got buried. nothing. no where to be found. any ideas of what could have happened?

It is remotely possible it might still be hiding really well. If not, check if there are any openings in the lid it could have jumped out of. That is a possibility. It also may have died and been eaten by the snails.
I hope you are able to find your guppy intact and well.

It is remotely possible it might still be hiding really well. If not, check if there are any openings in the lid it could have jumped out of. That is a possibility. It also may have died and been eaten by the snails.
I hope you are able to find your guppy intact and well.

Ill keep searching. I don't think the snails could have eaten him that fast it's only been a day but that's the only thing that's sounds reasonable. i hope hes still alive :/

I found a dried up kuhli in the back of a closet. Had jumped out of a plant I suspect while I was tank cleaning and wiggles back there.

And I found dried ADF jerky in my living under the sofa. Mind you my tank is on the other side of the house.

You might find your Betta some day.

Back
Top Bottom