Low guppy on the totem pole.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teakwood

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got these guppies about 6-8 months ago, maybe a bit longer. I have 3 and ever since I brought them home one is getting bullied, I totally get the pecking order and all but I feel terrible for him(?) his tail has been split the entire time I've owned him, my water is perfect. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite never more then 20 nitrate.

The tail has never ever healed completely. I'm not sure what I could do to make life easier on him, I know if there are 2 males to 1 female severe aggression can be an issue but I think they are all male. His belly also developed a red line running from chin to anal fin, I've just attributed it to stress, but have recently noticed his belly, all of there bellys but his is the worst; appears bloated. I've only recently learned about fish getting internal worms so I've been a bit concerned that's a possibility and am interested in finding a treatment that won't affect my bio and that I don't have to remove carbon for, if possible, I've read prazi pro fits the bill. Also once the tank is treated for worms jic would it be a good idea to add a few more guppies so there 'school' is bigger? I

His coloring has also always been off, he's a turquoise guppy but he's more yellowy orange. I have a QT that I could put him in but it's currently home to a beta. Maybe I can make shift a divider? Then I could get him feeling better, take the 2 bullies out and put this guy back in the 55 first, so 'his' territory is developed?

Attachments

• image-1121478411.jpg
    image-1121478411.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom