Lymphocystis??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nomad_pete

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, anyone help identify whats going on with this Serpae Tetra? (hopefully the pictures come through)
Noticed a yellow/brown lump at the base of its tail fin a couple of weeks ago, and it has now spread to dorsal fin, and around its mouth.
The rest of my fish seem fine, but have put the Serpae into a quarantine tank to be safe.
He is eating and swimming OK.

Only think I could find on the internet that looks vaguely similar is Lymphocystis??

Tank parameters are all fine, no ammonia, nitrates or nitrites. PH here in Wellington NZ is on the high side - around 7.4-7.6
Tank is a Blue Planet 140L with the filtration that came with it.Been set up around 8 months. (previous had a 60L tank for 2 years.)

Currently have:
Bristlenose Catfish - 7cm
10 Neon tetra
3 Black Skirt Tetra (3cm)
5 silver tip tetra (3-4cm)
1 Golden Algae eater
and one poorly Serpae...

Have had a few deaths over the last month or so - 2 other Serpae, (they did not show the same symptoms), and my beloved Betta.
I was assuming that these deaths were due to the very territorial algae eater, who has been the only recent addition about 6 weeks ago and chases everyone around.
Am giving him away to someone with a bigger tank this weekend.

I Do 20% water changes once a week, vacuuming gravel.
Diet is a mixture of Fluval Tropical Flakes and Vegetable sinking pellets.

Many thanks
Pete:fish1:

Attachments

• _S019801.jpg
    _S019801.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 89
  • _S019814.jpg
    _S019814.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 129
I have no idea, maybe someone with more experience will be albe to answer you. Defintately odd diesase.

Does not look like Lympho to me and tired of saying columnaris to those who think it is fuzz only.
Where are the fishes pectoral fins?
Look up fin rot AKA columnaris.

I honestly don't clearly recognize it but if I owned that fish would not waste time finding a treatment plan or euthanizing.

Tis no more

Fish died in the night after a week in quarantine. Keeping an eye on my other fish, but no obvious signs of contagion yet, so fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom