made it to Denver! molly has white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well after a stressful (and very wet) 17+ hour car trip from Madison, WI to Denver we've settled in to our new apartment. Out of all my fish, amphibians and two cats I only lost my pearlscale. She was very cute but I guess its somewhat convenient because of all my goldfish she was the only one with the round body handicap. I think I'm going to avoid them from now on. Also, I discovered two very pretty baby mollies. They must have been born a week or two ago because they're definitely bigger than newborns. They're a mix between a female sphenops and a very bright orange sailfin. Anyway, my balloon molly has a white fuzzy thing sticking out of her side. She's swimming around and eating totally normally, so what might this be and how do I treat it? Thanks for the help!

Moved to Unhealthy fish forum. Glad your move went alright.
I would treat for starters with melafix/pimafix, and maintain pristine water parameters. If that fails to work, try some Jungle's fungus elliminator.

Back
Top Bottom