malawi cichlid breathing fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longbrro

Aquarium Advice Regular
hay guys.....i have i yellow Malawi cichlid and she is breathing fastly....and tired......yesterday i changed the 20 % of my tank water as usual ......but today she is tired and breathing fast and the beginning of her fins the spot that attached to her body is having red color.....my tank is very healthy and the other fishes is in great health.....any idea ?

hahahahahahaha.........hay sweety...how are you....
no her fins in good shape......but when i watch her face closely ,under her skin is getting red color like there is blood under her skin.

hay thanks for this great link........i think there is a bacteria infection....i dont know where it came from......they say that is furan compound is good or antibiotics ....any idea of such medicine ......in my country we dont have much list of aquarium medicine and if it is found it is very high price.....any idea ?

do you have link or photo ??........do you think it is better to use food salt as a bath ??? ...it is good against bacteria.

im going to walk toward the sea salt first.....and if didnt work i will search for the api melafix ( thank you for link ).....in our country it is impossible to buy from bay or such things...because we cant use paypal.....in my opinion the salt will work perfectly becuase the last month my tiger scat had the same infection and i used about 1 kilo of sea slat and the next 2 days she get better and started to swim perfectly.......thanks my dear dkpate.

hay dkpate.....is it ok with you to give me your mail so we can talk about our tanks and our fishes online .....i have yahoo messenger ...do you have mail ???

That would be a good idea, and it lasts a long time. I would order some Pimafix while you are at it too, just so you are prepared in case you need it someday.

Back
Top Bottom