Male guppy acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
My male guppy isn't acting right. He is just kinda hanging around the heater not really moving. He has been doing this for a few days now. I did a 50% water change last night to see if that helped him and it didn't. Here is a pic of him
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423421604.711375.jpg
I just hope he'll be ok.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Oops forgot to tell the water parameters, tank mates and water change schedule ? tank mates are 4 smallish Apple snails and 1 large one and 2 other female guppies I do water changes 1 a week and take out like 10 to 15% of the water ammonia = 0ppm Ph = 6.8 this must be my problem. I have no idea why this is so low normally it is like 7.8!! I'm going to move my snails to my betta tank until I get the ph up. The ph in a betta tank is 7.8

Ok so I did a little water change and now the ph is back up I put my snails back in because my betta was being a betta and nipped off a few eye stalks ?

He won't eat either but the two females love food.

No just all of a sudden he stopped swimming and wouldn't chase his girls or eat. I did have one die though, would that stress him? I think it might of been his favorite. ?

It might. I always think that fish have unique personalities. One of my guppies, Rose, is always the first to come swim around my hand. :)

Sent from my iPhone

Do you think there is any thing I can do to make him happy? I don't any of my fish to be sad.

Try adding things to the tank to occupy him, and putting a little aquarium salt in there might relieve the stress.

Sent from my iPhone

He seems to be doing better today he's kinda swimming at the top of the tank then stopping but he's not hiding in the fake plants like he was doing the other day here's a pic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423493149.153706.jpg
He's now in the middle of the tank.

He isn't on the surface of he water any more!! I think that is a good thing? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423495547.750121.jpg

Lol get some more guppies! Hes probably lonely if theres no ammonia in the tank and everything else is fine theres not much you can do. I bet if you put some more guppies in there he would be o.k. Looks bored to me.

Back
Top Bottom