Male Juvenile kribensis, ich or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse W

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just brought this little guy home 4 days ago and noticed yesterday what appeared to be ich but very slight. I have a video here because I couldn't take a focused still photo with my phone. The top of the back fin I was thinking may just be his color developing. But not positve about the rest. Would appreciate your opinions if you can decipher from this video. I know its very hard to see anything, gonna have to use HD. Thanks! :)

IMG 2381 - YouTube

Really could use some help guys! I came in the room and turned the light on and kept an eye on him as his color is different when he is in the dark. When I looked at him his tail was much more yellow and almost no sign of the white spots. As he adjusted to the light the spots came back. Was it the yellow hiding the infection or simply just his coloration?

I can't see anything from the video. If he had ich you'd know. It literally looks like grains of salt or sand on the fish. This doesn't change with coloring or light.

Thank you! I was able to get an actual camera and take a picture. Opinions would be appreciated! Its really only the one single spot right on that back of his back fin that looks like ich. It hasn't spread or gotten any worse. Just that for a couple days.

Attachments

• CIMG0923.jpg
    CIMG0923.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom