maracide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shadyfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the medication called maracide? I have been using it for 3 days now and haven't really seen any difference ,thoughts?

shadyfish said:
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the medication called maracide? I have been using it for 3 days now and haven't really seen any difference ,thoughts?

Some meds need to work for a few days before you see results. IME, some meds didn't do it, but I kept the program going just incase.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

Ok I'm at day 4 no changes the one little white speck on my barracuda hasn't gone away yet but hasn't spread either is it possible its not ick?

shadyfish said:
Ok I'm at day 4 no changes the one little white speck on my barracuda hasn't gone away yet but hasn't spread either is it possible its not ick?

If I were you I wouldn't rule ick, but IME ick usually causes multiple spots. Run the course of meds is what I do.

Any other symptoms besides the one spot?

No other symptoms other than rare flashing which was the cause I started treatment I will try n get a pic but its one small white speck that is attached behind and below the eye the fish eats normal and behaves normal

shadyfish said:
No other symptoms other than rare flashing which was the cause I started treatment I will try n get a pic but its one small white speck that is attached behind and below the eye the fish eats normal and behaves normal

IME, flashing is usually a sign of ick or parasites. It can also be a reaction to water quality issues.

Do you test your water for ammonium, nitrItes (n02), nitrAtes (n03) and pH? If so do you use liquid or strips? This an important part of aquaria.

I use the Api liquid tests my parameters are all correct and where they should be

shadyfish said:
I use the Api liquid tests my parameters are all correct and where they should be

Sounds like you've got a good handle on everything I can think of. All I can suggest is keep up on the PWC's and an eye out for other symptoms you might see.

Ok so its day five I dosed accordingly I'm going to do a 75% wc tomorrow and add new activated carbon to filter anything else out curiously the small white speck (about the size of a pin head) is the only physical sign of illness yet it hasn't gotten any smaller or gone away after the 5 days of medication. Are there other illnessess that result in only one white speck? Should I be treating for something else?

Back
Top Bottom