marbled angelfish wont eat..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so like the title says..i have two marbled angels In my 55 gallon and there a breeding pair. one eats and the other doesnt..my water parameters are all good
temp 80°
ammo 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 5.0
ph 7.0
what could it be? all my other fish eat..but the one angelfish just takes one bite of flake food and spits it out. anyone know?

Its very common for fish to pull flakes into their mouths and then spit them back out, but it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't eating any of it.
Have you tried other foods? Blood worms? Garlic helps to stimulate appetite? Does the fish look skinny or anything, or is just that it spits some things back out?

I knew thats common..but he/she doesnt eat anything else. ive fed bloodworms and everyone eats. while the angel has like one bite.

Does it seem skinny or lethargic?
If you are in the US, there is a thing called Garlic Guard. You can soak food in it to help stimulate appetite.
Have you tried grinding up the flakes into smaller pieces? Sometimes that helps because the fish doesn't feel the need to spit out bigger pieces.
I do think its possible the fish is getting more than you realize though if it still looks/acts healthy. What does its poop look like?

He doesnt look skinny. swims, acts heathy and lethargic but both are pretty laid back. I have crushed up some food and still doesnt wanna eat. havent really been able to look at his poo. I work all day and when I do look..there not pooping..
yes I do live in the states.

OK. I suggest trying the garlic stuff to see if it helps.
Um, I am not sure how a fish acts both healthy and lethargic. Angels aren't typically overly active, but lethargic means they don't move and sit around looking pale and sluggish.
If he looks healthy, I wouldn't be concerned about it personally. But, the garlic certainly wouldn't hurt anything and maybe it will help. :)
BTW, how long has this been going on?

im sorry I guess he seems heathly but just acts like a normal angelfish. he just wont eat. ill try that stuff tho and some differant food :)

Back
Top Bottom