Mark/lump on Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcor

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, just looking for some advice. We 'rescued' two golden gouramis from the LFS who were looking really tatty and fin-nipped. One had a tiny red lesion on its side (looked like a tiny cut as if a scale had been torn off). It seemed to be healing but the area remained reddish. Recently I noticed the whole area around that innocent looking cut had turned into bumps. Now today I've noticed on the opposite side it's red and 'cut' looking. She's not being bullied, in fact she's the boss of the tank. I'm thinking maybe a bacterial infection or something? No other fish is affected and she doesn't seem bothered by it in the slightest.

The tank is a 66g planted, wet/dry trickle filter, fully stocked (99% according to aquadvisor), water parameters excellent (ph 7.9, amm 0, nitrite 0, nitrate .5), 30% water change done weekly, treated with prime, recent ich outbreak treated with malachite green & formaldehyde solution.

Any suggestions what to do to clear up whatever it might be?

Attached photos:

Attachments

• image-218962806.jpg
    image-218962806.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3025849071.jpg
    image-3025849071.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image-257510684.jpg
    image-257510684.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 49
It does, I agree. But any clue how I should help, if at all? I'm keeping a close eye on things (it's difficult to miss her though, she's always out showing off!).

Anyone else got any suggestions? There's been no change. It's not any worse but not any better either?

Back
Top Bottom