Medicated fish flakes on new fish in the quarantine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really don't know, your gonna have to google that one, i suppose it would be easy enough to thaw out and mix a bunch of daphia or brine shrimp and the appropriate amount of medicine and then re-freeze it. As for dry food you probably would need some special kind of tools

Got a hot lead on some medicated fish foods. Don't really need but will probably try buying as they are fairly cheap and will see if they make it. :)

The website I was thinking of is below. I have had kanaplex shipped ok to Australia. Also furan-2 but doesn't seem on the website anymore.

http://www.fishpond.com.au/q/Seachem+Laboratories+ASM881+Kanaplex+5+Gram?rid=964274509

WHOOAH Do not buy that that is 3X the price it should be
a 5G bottle is only enough to last a few months, it should be around 12-17 USD not 41 USD try to find it cheaper somewhere
You can get oxytetracycline (terramycin) medicated food that is just as effective and also premixed for like $3 USD per pound (weight not UK currency) buddy, don't waste your money on that!
IDK i don't think this guy ships outside the US but looky here......
Medicated Food
Find some of this that will shipe to AUS or someone in AUS, i have a few spare bags, i would ship it to you but im afraid it would be so expensive the shipping.

Hi, thanks for this. Cheap is good as assuming I don't have a repeat of last summer, it's the challenge of getting stuff through the Australian postal system that I'm hoping to have a win on. Then I know for future reference.

Hi, thanks for this. Cheap is good as assuming I don't have a repeat of last summer, it's the challenge of getting stuff through the Australian postal system that I'm hoping to have a win on. Then I know for future reference.

I don't think they would have a problem with dry food for fish, nobody has to tell them its medicated, just tell them its special blend with garlic and brine shrimp and probiotics or something. I know ken dosent ship overseas, but im sure you could find someone that did. I feel bad for you not having access to the meds you need, here i just gotta drive 10 miles and i got any medicine or medicated food i could ever need, very cheap too, $6 a bottle. I know kanamycin and mentraidazole are more expensive around 15 dollars for a little tube, but i don't use those i just use the feed and the chemical dyes if and when i need them. Working with guppies and Fancy goldfish, i gotta think of the price of the med being worth it as opposed to just culling the guppy and buying a new one. My pet store sells them for $1.50 each, and their usually nice and healthy and they are kept seperate M/F so i can just pick what i need and im all set.

the post office considers PR part of the USA so will deliver any package there fore the same price as any where else in the country
Kens fish sends food by US priority mail so there should be no problem
there phone # is 508-823-4043 9-5 est call him and ask what you should use and if he can ship it to you
my fish love his green crumbles 52% protein high in veggies
he makes the food and is very helpful
Really?! Awesome!!! I'm totes going to try it then.

Thanks for replying about the fish food. Sadly my fish isn't doing very well now but I will look at trying to get some shipped here if I ever need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Seachrem has a product called paraguard, you might look into that.
Wow, I'm reading about it, and it sounds great! But, does it kill the good bacteria? The reason I wanted medicated food was to keep the quarantine tank cycled. XD

Delapool, i know you and me always talking meds, lol
The best way for medicine to work is to enter the fishes body directly thru feed.
You probably know these....
The Ones that are most often mixed with food are...
"Terramycin" Oxytetracycline, Very good Antibiotic
"Kanaplex" Kanamycin sulfate, Very good Antibiotic
"Metranizole" Anti-Parasite, dewormer, Internal antibiotic
Does Metranizole work as a dewormer for freshwater fish? I think I read somewhere that it's a better med for saltwater fish?
Edit: Nevermind, I think I'm crazy.

Delapool, im intersted what meds they do have at your fish store, can you give me a list of antibiotics, ick treatments, and anything used for mold? Jetajockey, you CAN ship to him, he lives in puerto rico, which is a United States Territory, like guam and the phillipines.

Delapool, im intersted what meds they do have at your fish store, can you give me a list of antibiotics, ick treatments, and anything used for mold? Jetajockey, you CAN ship to him, he lives in puerto rico, which is a United States Territory, like guam and the phillipines.
If by "him" you mean yahooandgoogle, then, he lives in Australia according to an earlier reply. I'm the one who lives in Puerto Rico.

This is for a standard lfs around here:

All pre-mixed meds and no medicated foods. Nothing copper or quinine based. The only antibiotic is tetracycline. Also triple sulpha.

Otherwise mostly: mela, pima, MG, MB, acriflavine, formalin then metro/prazi and I think trichlorfon.

And salt :)

So the main trouble is for any bacterial infection there are hardly any antibiotics. People with expensive fish must go to vets I guess.

Back
Top Bottom