Medicine I found that worked wonders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllySaturn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
With my betta Lucky fighting for his life and me not knowing what to do I reached for somthing new and it worked. My betta was so sick he had to be floated at the top of his tank in the cup he came in just so he could have a better chance to breathe. At the suggestion of a Petco betta keeper (I know, long shot but at my petco he was specifically hired to care for the Bettas and nothing more) I got somthing called Acurell. I over did the dosage and it killed some of my plants but those are replaceable. Now my fish who hadn't eaten in a week or swam on his own has seemed to make a great recovery. He is eating and gaining colour (I will add pics) I guess what I'm saying is think outside the box and do what you think is best. IMG_2330.jpgIMG_2394.jpgIMG_2441.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thanks for sharing. Out of interest (I don't need to treat or anything), would you have a link? All I'm finding is a water clarifier (which I assume wouldn't damage plants).

I don't think that is a good rule lol, think outside the box and do what you think is best. Afterall you did say you cycled a tank with "instant cycle" even though it wasn't cycled, presume that's you doing what you thought was the best instead of waiting and being patient but I get it.
overdosing a chemical into the tank (fert, anything) because you personally think without doing research or background look ins, isn't a good idea either.

You need NEED to read and understand the nitrogen cycle.
There is no "magical" medicine that you pour into water that makes fish healthy.
Understanding that a tank is "cycled" is the magic solution.
Without the good bacteria (cycle) to eat the decomposing food, you get ammonia.
Ammonia a poision, and they put it in detergents.
Once your tank has good bacteria growing (about 3 weeks) your water will no longer be cloudy, (and it will smell good fishy like a lake not a trash can) your fish will be healthy, and you will not need harsh chemicals at all.
If you have any questions about a specific disease, ask away!

giving my opinion, weather you think its irrespective or something else its true

To clarify, I was making the point that there's a positive to the op's post. it's good to hear of a recovery like this rather than just pointing out all the flaws of the situation.

Facts are fine, and I don't disagree with you, but if someone's coming on here to share their experience - perhaps think about how you delivery your message rather than shooting them down entirely. What's the point of a learning forum if you can't be community minded.

What makes me mad about forums like these is that neither one of you actually corrected the person and addressed the issue.
The "water clarifer" did not magically cure some unknown disease, rather a water change probably did, instead of helping ppl on forums like this being super easy on them and avoiding telling them what they need to hear, or at the oppisite end being super harsh, i wish people would just spill the beans and tell the noob the answer. Direct to the point information. Usually it will go in one ear and out the other (especially with kids) If they continue to not listen, then just move along. I know its insulting to us that enjoy helping ppl, but If someone dosent want to open their mind and listen, then they will have to learn the hard way!
You will find some people are in fact smart and good listeners and will not only listen and learn, but will thank you and continue to do research on proper fish pet care. Those people are the diamonds in the rough, that we come here to help!

To clarify, I was making the point that there's a positive to the op's post. it's good to hear of a recovery like this rather than just pointing out all the flaws of the situation.

Facts are fine, and I don't disagree with you, but if someone's coming on here to share their experience - perhaps think about how you delivery your message rather than shooting them down entirely. What's the point of a learning forum if you can't be community minded.

thanks for the reply, makes sense but I only have one more thing to say lol
I don't sugar coat replies to straight forward answers.

Back
Top Bottom