melancholy peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klc9100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a male Aulonocara (sunshine peacock) that stopped eating about 3 days ago. he was eating one day, the next day he wasn't. i've only had him about a month. honestly, he's never been BIG eater, but he's always ate. he just quit eating out-of-the-blue. he seems fine otherwise. he "hangs-out" on his favorite rock, and then swins a few laps every now & then. none of the other fish bother him. he refuses to eat though. i have lured all the other fish to the other end of the tank, and then my girlfriend has dropped food right on his head, but he won't eat it. he's one of my coolest fish & i don't know what to do.

tank - 75g
fish - 20
temp - 77
ph - 8.2
kh - 14
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 5

these readings are as of about 45 minutes ago (i'm kinda fanatical about maintenance). i do a 10% water change on wednesdays (just for good measure). i test my water again on fridays, then do 50% water change & gravel vac on saturday. that's when i add my buffers, ect.

here is a video of him. the other fish kept getting in the way, but you can get a pretty good look at him. he just seems depressed or something.

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/klc30183/?action=view&current=SANY4457.flv

thanks

does ANYONE have some idea of what may be wrong with him???

He looks a little bloated.....hard to tell for sure though. Does he look bloated to you? What kind of foods do you feed them?

Squareheads: its a 75g.

Back
Top Bottom