Mixing medication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive recently had a massive break out of everything in my fish tank after introducing new fish to my tank i brought some platys and 1 of them didnt look right anyhow ive put two different types of meds in the tank and the tanks in total melt down its cloudy and the fish are spending most of their time gasping for air ive lost 2 fish in two days...one of them was already really crappy looking any idea how to sort this before i lose more fish Image1494894978.925657.jpg

Sorry, what was the ingredients?

I'd put sick fish in a hospital container (anything), then water change and increase aeration.

(Depends on which is more urgent to sort eg tank as you mostly have healthy fish and a few sick ones OR a lot of unhealthy fish so the tank becomes a hospital tank).

If it is the tank, I'd also add carbon - not so much to clear the meds as these should be starting to be mostly gone after two days, but also to clear the tank of gunk. If the tank is white cloudy - bacterial bloom, green cloudy - algae bloom.

I done a water change but nothing i got home from work to find my betta dead and another platy about to peg it actually really annoyed as if i never brought the platies my betta and most of my other fish would still be alive

I ended up cleaning the whole tank taking all the water out moving the fish while i done it i have crystal water tank now after a long 3 hour clean and very happy fish

Back
Top Bottom