MM Platy not eating :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platybabe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, hope u can help me.

I have 54L tank, its been going for 6 weeks now, will be 3 weeks with fish in it tomorrow. I started off with 4 platys but 3 died wihtin the 4 days of getting them (last died on 23rd of dec, 2011) so i was left with only 1 Mickey Mouse platy. He has been acting strangely, of course, he has been stressed with 1st ammonia, the nitrite levels going sky high etc+ having white spot as well :( (which doesnt seem to be responding to treatment because of the PWC-s).

Trying to do my best to keep him alive. But the last week he has eaten very little if nothing, just spits the food out etc. Yesterday and today he just went past the food as it didnt even exist (even right infront of him)! He acts strangely as well, yesterday we were out of the house all day, when i came back and looked at him, i thought the was dead- but after a few minutes just "came to life" and swam around like normal (could have been asleep?).

Just dont know what to do anymore... Why has he stopped eating and what could i do to get him to eat again? :(

Ammonia is 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates im not sure of cos havent got a testkit for it - ill get it on wednesday (cant any sooner) but with the PWC it should be fine?

Hope someone has some suggestions for our "Sunny".

Platybabe said:
Thanks for all the replys....

He is gone now anyway :(
Sorry for your lose ! I was about to asnwer it until i saw second comment :(.

Back
Top Bottom