Mollies Dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have to dissolve it in water first, that is very important
Tsp sounds about right to me, since they are younger

Aquarium salt is fine, but marine salt is even better. I switched my molly / guppy tank over to brackish about 3 months ago, and have never seen them so healthy and active.

Here's a link that has helped me a lot.

The truth about mollies: Among the most popular aquarium fish, they?re also among the most misunderstood

Mollies are actually a brackish water fish. They do much better in brackish. They can adapt to most any water, but as stated brackish, or very hard alkaline water is best.

Mumma.of.two said:

I added 1 tsp of API Aquarium Salt... They aren't acting any differently than before... Just slowly dying one by one.
I think tomorrow I will gut the tank and rinse in hot water... Rinse gravel and put back together ... Keeping filter and pad as is of course..
I havent don't anything different... Whyyy

IMO I don't think there is any need to gut the tank. FW aquarium salt is different to marine so I think it's worth a shot at trying to go brackish. (I'm not expert but this is just going on what I just read)

Mumma.of.two said:
IMO I don't think there is any need to gut the tank. FW aquarium salt is different to marine so I think it's worth a shot at trying to go brackish. (I'm not expert but this is just going on what I just read)

Okay will do... API make it? Ill go tomorrow

I see Charger, my Silver Molly, is shimmying side to side.... She's in my 29g..
How much Marine Salt for the 29g?
How much do I add at once?
4 adult mollies & a juvie molly & my betta..
Can the betta take the salt?

You would have to put the Betta else where. I think your going to have to do a lot of reading on mollies and transitioning to brackish and make the decision if it's the right way to go. As I said before from what I've read (2-3 articles and a couple of threads, not much) the minerals in the marine salt seem to be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom