Mollies not eating normal and acting diferent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barakis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have 2 salt n pepper mollies (male and female I think) and the female one has been active strange for a whole now and got shy, but was still eating.

Last day or two I have noticed that they both spend a lot of time swimming up and down the glass, and the white (f) one has been hiding a lot in the tower and under rock, and seems to be almost sitting on the bottom.

As I fed them today, the black one which is normally aggressive over food ate a bit and then proceeded to swim up and down the glass, although not as much. And the white one I'm not sure ate at all.

What's going on are they ok?

3 guppies and 11 neons are fine, and clown pleco is shy anyway.

I had to take food out tonight as the black Molly normally eats a lot, so I have skipped a feed with the wafers (plec) to try let the tank settle. The pleco is currently only about an inch so the mollies are helping eat the wafers too normally, hence skipping a feed.

They're in a 17g (I think) with a 200/400l/h filter, I do water changes and test but am busy ATM so can't do for a couple of days, although suppose I better unshelter the plec and check on him.

Sorry about the long post, thanks for reading, and thanks for any help :)

She am be pregnant or she may be stressed. The males can often tress out females of there is only one for him to chase around. See if that helps. Male to female ratio should be at least 1 male for every 2-3 females

Bubbles0oO said:
She am be pregnant or she may be stressed. The males can often tress out females of there is only one for him to chase around. See if that helps. Male to female ratio should be at least 1 male for every 2-3 females

Thanks for that, I'll look into capacity see if I can get another maybe, but he is acting weird too though, or is their the slightest chance he just wasn't hungry? Lol

Might not have been hungry, is there poo clear? If they are going up and down he glass they may just be bored. Maybe move some stuff around?

Havnt seen much poo at all, it doesn't hang about long. But I don't think its clear :-\

On another note, I'm sure my guppy was pregnant but now its not, I know chances are if it was pregnant they would have been eaten. So would it do any harm to the other fish if I skipped a feed just in case?

I feed Monday Wednesday friday, just over half a block of frozen dapnia and an algea wafer.

I have a clown pleco (baby), 3 guppy, 2 salt n pepper Molly, and 11 neons.

Your feeding schedule sound right, try to change the diet around if you can, a algae wafer here , flakes then, pellets, frozen. She may have aborted or they may have been eaten, no way to know for sure

Bubbles0oO said:
Your feeding schedule sound right, try to change the diet around if you can, a algae wafer here , flakes then, pellets, frozen. She may have aborted or they may have been eaten, no way to know for sure

I HAVE BABIES!!! Lol

I have fed as normal to try product them a bit, but since I'm not a breeder and have no extra capacity yet, I'll just leave them be and see what happens, if they survive then great. The important thing is I was rite, and the guppy is ok lol.

Having said that, I'm not 100% sure if it's the molly or guppy that gave birth, can you tell properly at that age? Shape wise they defo look like guppy.

I have bog wood with java fern, and a big tower of piza thing. And I have turned my fitter down a bit. Is their anything else I can do (without massive cost or time) that will help?

You may want to put a cover over your filter intake ( like a pantyhose leg or something) otherwise good luck!

You may want to put a cover over your filter intake ( like a pantyhose leg or something) otherwise good luck!

forgot to say thanks for that :) im sure i replied but obviously didnt lol

i had 10 babies, 1 left now, the rest i sent to my lfs to raise

Back
Top Bottom