Molly issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wanted to update everyone. So the heater couldn't get it up high enough. It reached 83 when the heater said 86 which is as high as it can go. So I started telling my dad we need to do something else. So we went to the one lfs. Buddy wasn't there so we had to talk to his wife. Unfortunately they had no ich medicine.(they did have some beautiful GBR, best part was they are long finned I wanted to by one but the kribs and barbs would go for the fins wouldn't they? Also he only had two males but I assume crossbreeding is possible.) Anyways we ventured to walmart and got jungle ich guard in the liquid form.

On the bottle it says "1 teaspoon per 10 gallons. Use half dose on small and scaleless fish," what is a small fish? Neon tetra or the few fry left? So I decided to acclimate basically allowing the fish to build up to it. So first dose I put in 8 then 9, 10, 11. All the ich is gone now. We only did the 4 treatments. No deaths at all which is my dad's first. Sad to say seeing this was my first case.

Weird thing was only one bleeding heart had the ich on it for a long time. I assume it was just stressed a little more for some reason so I through in some stress reliever in the morning and by night I'd say 50% were gone. I thought it would also be a good idea seeing as it protects fins and scales.

So I had a few questions in there but my main on, is there anything I should have done differently or didnt do at all?

You have to continue to treat for ich with the meds for two weeks to ensure that it is co.completely erradicated. 4 days won't do it. Keep the temps at 82 to speed up the lifecycle. If the box says to treat for only 4 days, do some water changed, wait 48 hours, and then treat for 4 more days. Meds may harm your biological filter so make sure to test paramaters frequently.

Do not buy any new fish until your treatment is done and even then I would wait a couple more weeks to be sure.

I wasnt going to put him in the 110. It's my dad's tank so I can't pick his fish. He would have been for the 35 in my room. Current stock is:
6 gold barbs
2 kribs
3 sterbai Cory
1 bristlenose pleco
1 sae

Would he be able to fit in? The pleco is maybe an inch and a half right now in length and will be brought back to the lfs or put in the 110 when i feel the tank is to small.

Hobgob said:
I wasnt going to put him in the 110. It's my dad's tank so I can't pick his fish. He would have been for the 35 in my room. Current stock is:
6 gold barbs
2 kribs
3 sterbai Cory
1 bristlenose pleco
1 sae

Would he be able to fit in? The pleco is maybe an inch and a half right now in length and will be brought back to the lfs or put in the 110 when i feel the tank is to small.

I would post that question in a new thread since its a diff topic and maybe some more people can help answer.

Back
Top Bottom