Molly physically looking "odd"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
I dont mean acting or doing odd things but physically looking odd.

Shes a bit older now and had a few batches of fry but I started noticing one of her fins becoming thick and stumpy a while ago, like a clubbed fin. I also noticed her mid section becoming pale and almost dropsy'ish but she never seemed to get worse or mind.

Looking at her last night it looks like there is a tumor under the skin on her side.

Here are some pics of the poor girl.

Anyone ever see anything like this. She still swims and eats normally.

Attachments

• IMG_20160627_182051.jpg
    IMG_20160627_182051.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20160627_182041.jpg
    IMG_20160627_182041.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 73
I figured. The lump is getting worse. Sad but time to go Molly shopping :(

Sent from my Pixel C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It looks like a tumour to me as well. Mind if I ask a few questions? What size tank, what are the parameters, what other fish, is it cycled, how long has this been set up, how long has this been on, and what is the temp? I hope all goes well.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a decently stocked 30. Levels are good and is very cycled forever. All other fish are great. She's an old girl so I'm sure she on her way out but nobody bothers her even my acara and full grown angel leave her alone.

Ah ok, sounds like she may have cancer. There's not to much you can do for them when they have it. I believe Epsom salt baths can help sometimes, but it's cancer and it can be pretty impossible to cure sometimes. Sorry about your Molly.:( what fish do you have?

"It doesn't matter if your on the same page, it matters if your in the same BOOK."
~Platy lover~

It's def getting worse this lump us about 4 times the size in the pic now. Looks like it could burst. Wondering if i should get her out of the tank in case

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Separated her in a big zip lock floating in the tank. I figured this way she's still in the tank and heated so maybe she won't freak out to bad.
It looks like it might be this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lymphocystis

I dosed the bag water with melafix as the lump seems like it wants to burst any time now so maybe this will help.
It says it's brought on by stress but honestly she's the one fish that nothing bothers. I used to have a male that wanted to mate all the time but he's long dead. I put another male in the but he's much less interested.
Maybe she misses the attention? Lol

I don't think she's gonna make it but as far as mollies go she's pretty old now.

Well she passed but take a look at this pic. It looks like something burst out of her side like in aliens.
Thank God I isolated her to the bag last night. I think that and the meds pushed her to hard and sped the inevitable up.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1467845736309.jpg
    1467845736309.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom