Molly problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teadragon15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388474059.626850.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388474075.793456.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photos, but my molly was moving too much. I posted a while back that a few of my fish had crashed to the bottom and were just staying there. They are still doing it. It's a livebearer 29gal tank with mollies, platies, and swordtails. They seem thinner than usual and now my male molly has a white spot protruding out from between his scales. It almost looks like a wart. Fungus? Parasites? I want to go to Petsmart tomorrow to get medicine. Any recommendations?

fungus. Possibly columnaris if its affectin alot of them. Gram negative antibiotic along with antifungal such as furan 2 "fungus gurad" Not sure abut petsmart but they do have fungus clear (furan2) and maracyn-2 (minocycline) last time i checked. That should be good enough to take care of it. Do big WC before adding meds and use as directed for at least a week, maybe turn up temp and add salt to help them feel relaxed and breathe (the actual Cause of death) and add aeration if none is present. i reccomend 80-84 degrees, Fungus clear, salt (marine or Aquarium, mollies like lots of salt, if aquarium add more then reccomend if u get marine, dissolve 2.5 cups in a 5 gallon bucket for 30 mins before adding to tank.) and the maracyn-2. You should be okay. SOme losses will probably occour. If you have a big tank i reccomend a ten or even a plactic tub so you don't waste so much medicine.
Note: Marine salt is 2.5 cups per ten gallon to make "brackish" (half seewater) strength. Adjust volume accordingly for larger tanks.

Back
Top Bottom