Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to woodsplace1
molly swimming tail down?

One of my dalmation mollies has been acting weird the past few days. Last week I thought she was constipated, she was sitting at the bottom kindof burrowing in the gravel, I thought she was pregnant, but not very big, just the past few days, she hasn't eaten very much and now when she swims, her tail is drooping if that makes any sense at all. She just doesn't seem right. My other molly seems to be freaking out and swimming very quickly around her like something is wrong. All my water parameters are norm except pH is a bit high which has always been. I have been doing weekly 50% water changes to see if this helps, but she seems to be getting worse...any ideas?

Old 03-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

the same thing happened with my neon teras they died later on and are usually ignored. i didnt find out what caused it but when other fish swim away from another fish it uasually means its ill. try to isolate it in another tank and try to feed it peas.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

what are the peas for? how does that help? what if I dont' have another tank to put it in. we only have a 10 gallon...
Old 03-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Skyrmir Send a message via AIM to Skyrmir
Peas help if the fish is constipated. Fishy laxitive.

She could also be having trouble giving birth if she's preggers. It would be best to seperate her as ryan said, if you can. I use 5 gallon buckets with a sponge filter I keep in my 10 gallon as my maternity ward for my swordtails.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks I'll try that...it won't freak her out removing her from the rest of the fish and putting her by herself. Should I put anything in the 5 gallon bucket, like plants or ground cover or something if she is pregnant for the babies to hide in? I have another pregnant molly now and put her in a breeding net and she flipped out, almost aborted I think. Let me know...thanks again...
Old 04-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Re: molly swimming tail down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsplace1
One of my dalmation mollies has been acting weird the past few days. Last week I thought she was constipated, she was sitting at the bottom kindof burrowing in the gravel, I thought she was pregnant, but not very big, just the past few days, she hasn't eaten very much and now when she swims, her tail is drooping if that makes any sense at all. She just doesn't seem right. My other molly seems to be freaking out and swimming very quickly around her like something is wrong. All my water parameters are norm except pH is a bit high which has always been. I have been doing weekly 50% water changes to see if this helps, but she seems to be getting worse...any ideas?
thats funny...... because i have a dalmation molly ( who my girlfriend calls Ms . Molly .. she has names for all of our fish.. ) ms. molly always swims with its tail down kinda weird ... but she had 6 babies.. we didnt seperate or anything.. were just letting "nature take its course"

we have thge following..

black molly - Brutus (cuz its big and mean lookin )
ms molly - dalmation molly
2 tequila sunrise guppies - gay brothers ( we use the f word dont wanna upset anyone in here thats why i put gay )
flamer ( red wagtail platy )
zebras are just plan zebras
Nim (if ya watch the show Surface ya will know who Nimrod is ) - pleco suckerfish

Tags
molly, swimming, tail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com