Molly with bulge on side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
constipation?

I've seen constipation in my guppies (which goes away after feeding peas) but that is the belly extended. This is just on the one side of his body just above the anal fin - could it be constipation there on just one side?

Tumor? Can I see pics? What are the parameters?

Water - 75 degrees, ph 7.6, 0 trites, 10 trates, maybe a tiny bit of ammonia like about .1 but it always looks like that when I test so it might just be that I'm expecting a more yellow color that you actually get at 0.

I will try for a pic but it will be hard as he'll need to be at a certain angle for you to see it but I'll try.

I've seen constipation in my guppies (which goes away after feeding peas) but that is the belly extended. This is just on the one side of his body just above the anal fin - could it be constipation there on just one side?

To be honest I couldn't tell you. My second guess would be tumor also, I've had a couple pets (including two goldfish) get them.

Tumor? Can I see pics? What are the parameters?

Here's a pic.

Do you think it is something which he could pass on to the other fish? I have 6 fish in QT that I was about to move over to the main tank (the molly is in the main tank).

What shall I do?

Attachments

• IMG_0408[1].jpg
    IMG_0408[1].jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 87
Did it survive? Could someone tell if its infection or tumor? If infection or bacteria, what treatment is best to avoid passing over to other fish in the tank? I applied Tetra Lifeguard (5 day) already.

Did it survive? Could someone tell if its infection or tumor? If infection or bacteria, what treatment is best to avoid passing over to other fish in the tank? I applied Tetra Lifeguard (5 day) already.

He did survive yes but sadly died a couple of weeks ago. not sure if that was the cause or not and didn't ever figure out exactly what is was but apparently fish do get tumors so my guess is that's what it was and if so there's no treatment.

Back
Top Bottom