Molly with dropsy help please !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishaFishay

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i went on a 3 week vacation out of the country and i told my grandma if she can visit my house daily to feed my tank and make sure everything was ok . Not a good choice . Came back with dirty water and my molly was the only sick one in the tank . He had a little fin rot and cured it . I noticed his stomach get slightly bigger and pineconey . I emptyed the tank and added new water with aq salt and tetra fungus guard . After a while it seems that a long white string started to pop out of the anal fin and hang there but he seems to act and eat normally. I feed him tetra color plus . Will there be a chance of recuperation? Theres no filter in the tank other than daily water changes as it uses plants to filter and am not planting .

He does not swim looking down the picture just came out like that .

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1438738427875.jpg
    1438738427875.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 1438738501425.jpg
    1438738501425.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 1438738528765.jpg
    1438738528765.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 60
Usually, when dropsy shows its too late. So you change water everyday and then it didn't get changed for 3 weeks? I recommend getting a filter.

No , he was in a tank with a filter . But moved to a 3 gal to medicate and the tanks filter is plants that grow on the top .

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have had luck with the following for dropsy recently with my betta who survived - 1 tsp of epsom salt (plain epsom salt no scent or anything else in it) per gallon (work up to that gradually) and Jungle Fungus cure at recommended dose. Change water every 2 days and replace with same levels of epsom and medication (so if you remove a gallon of water add one tsp of epsom salt and right medication for one gallon).

It is hit or miss with dropsy and you need patience - my betta took 10 days to get through it and I almost euthanized twice. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom