Molly with white spot on anus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanna0402

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have recently set up a new 55 gallon aquarium and I have my 10 molly fish and their fry in it. There was already an albino pleco and Mickey mouse platy living in it. The platy got a crooked spine and died two days later. Now almost all my mollies have the same white spot as pictured (letter a) and I am unable to find any info about this problem specifically. They all seem to be healthy, swimming and eating. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 533.jpg
    533.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3,547
are you sure this is a mollie? It looks more like a platy. I raise mollies. All my mollies have more pointed dorsal fins both female and male. I also have platys in my outside pool and they have the rounded dorsal, The picture looks like a crescent platy to me. as for that white spot, I have no idea by that picture unless shes dropping preme babies.

forgot if it were me I would use parinox. I use it for my mollies,be very careful when using exact instruction also good on internal parasites, remove your plecto if you use it. catfish all kinds are very sensitive to medications. broadspectrum antibiotic,fungal and animicrobial

This is not a picture of my fish but just one that I found that shows the spot they have. Males and juveniles have the spot to which is why I've been thinking internal parasite. My two other fish tanks (one 10 gal with a betta who also has this white spot on his anus ...and one 29 with glo fish that do not have the spot but will not eat and one is starting to get a crooked back) are now showing signs of illness!! :( Two fish in different tanks have a fungus looking white fluffy spot. All my tanks have been infected by adding fish from a friend that must have been sick. I have been dosing with Herbtana because thats all they had for internal parasites at my local fish store.. No dramatic changes and I'm almost finished with the 10 days (tomorrow is last day) .. Not sure if I have diagnosed the issue correctly but I have no idea what else it would be! I have had most of these fish for 3 years with only minor issues and have never dealt with a widespread illness in all my tanks at once. I am willing to try dosing a different medication but may have to order it online. Will it be safe to medicate them immediately after the herbtana? Any help is greatly appreciated, sorry if my posts are confusing theres just so much going on all at once over here!!!

I would use the parinox, if it was me broad spectrum and anti parasitic do a water change before u use it. I use it for my goldfish, endlers, mollies and I use it on all my fresh caught saltwater fish, in there tank. Unless someone else has another suggestion? this is why a quaranteen tank is so important in fresh and saltwater before you introduce fish into a main tank. I have used this med, with other meds like kanaplex with no problem. Kana PLex treats internal fungal and bacterial infection. ON your fish use one or the other don't use together.

Thank you so much for all the help. I will try to find the meds around where I live so I can start it faster. I've definitely learned my lesson about introducing new fish :( I appreciate all the help and advice very very much!!

Back
Top Bottom