Molly won't eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ylreveb20

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two platinum mollies that won't eat. Hikari tubifex worms, nitro diet tropical flakes, tetra cichlids, wardley tropical fish, that's all the food I tried, they just spit it out. Any advice please??

It's better now, thanks for asking. The numbers are good, ammonia is low for now. Ammonia kills me, one minute is great, then boom it's high again. The struggle.

I have two platinum mollies that won't eat. Hikari tubifex worms, nitro diet tropical flakes, tetra cichlids, wardley tropical fish, that's all the food I tried, they just spit it out. Any advice please??

try a frozen food like brine shrimp. there's no way they could resist that. i've never had a fish that didn't go nuts for brine shrimp. it's only a couple of dollars at most pet stores and it lasts pretty long. get the ones with the little ice cube type trays, they're perfect for small fish or small amounts of fish. that it out in a cup or your aquarium water before putting it in and then watch them feast.

Sometimes when fish spit out food, they actually swallow a small portion of it. I have a few mollies that do the exact same thing and they're completely healthy. Mollies have really small stomachs so they are easily over fed and often just won't be hungry when you feed them. My mollies also love bloodworms :)

Sometimes when fish spit out food, they actually swallow a small portion of it. I have a few mollies that do the exact same thing and they're completely healthy. Mollies have really small stomachs so they are easily over fed and often just won't be hungry when you feed them. My mollies also love bloodworms :)

Thank you, I get paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom