molly worms treatment, and worsening orange molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mushroomfarie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ebony (my black molly) has had a bloated belly for awhile. I thought she was pregnant. About the time I thought she'd be ready to pop I put her in the breeder tank. Yesterday I noticed that she had something on her pooper. I looked closely and she was pooping out a worm. That same day I lost a cory and it didn't float to the top. That lead me to believe that he died from them. Also in reference to my earlier post my orange molly not only has black on his tail; now he is starting to develope black in his gills. he hasn't eaten for about 3 days.I noticed also that the baby mollies suddenly turned darker. They also have a brown blob in their belly. (probably more worms.)They were white now they are a silver color. I have a ten gallon tank. I have had it for about 4 months. I have a canister cat 6025 filter. Yell at me all you want (gods know I deserve it for not buying one when I got the tank.) I still haven't been able to afford a testing kit so i can't tell you the water parameters. Although I have changed out the water once a week. Rent money is hard enouph to come by at this moment. Please help.... I do not want to loose my entire tank over a few worms.

Thank you for the links. I am going to get the medication in a lil bit. This problem brought another one to my attention. I was pondering on how my fish contracted the worms. I found out worms are all the same. Same worms people and animals get. I think my kitten has worms. I have left the top open a time or two and I think she took a sip from the water thus causing the fish to get worms. Well at least I know now. Poor kitten. She has had them since birth. poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom