More Problems........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheezysquirrelz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just put my last angel to sleep today. He wasnt doing well.

I bought melafix yesterday and Im using it along w/ high temps and salt. I hope all this clears up.

I just changed some water and noticed this little white moving thing on the glass in the water. It was as big as a . <--- and looked like 3 white specks.
What is it?

I also dont know what to do with the tank. The 2 fish(my angels) I liked best in the tank died(besides the loach) all thats left are livebearers(got mainly to cycle) and a small white gourami(Id like to keep). I want more interesting fish but I dont know what to do with the ones I have now. I would feel awful getting rid of the others I still like and care about them. What cool fish can I put with them? My mom is trying to persuade me to get rid of my tanks. I absolutely dont want to.

Anybody have any advice?

I am so sorry for the run of bad luck - this is what leads to those tanks for sale cheap at a yard sale, unfortunately. All I can tell you is to hold on, leave things alone for a while, and wait. The tank will turn around and you will get some new cool fish and renew your interest. There are nothing but possibilities ahead.

I would definitely leave things alone for a good while, maybe a month or two, with just whatever fish you currently have, and let things become stable. Do the white moving things look like tiny worms? Almost definitely this is a harmless creature that is living off of debris in the tank, so increase water changes and concentrate on water quality for the time being until things stabilize. Don't overfeed, keep the water clean and you'll be ready for some new cool fish. Baby steps :)

As you do water changes, I would not add more salt. Some fish, cats and loaches I believe, do not tolerate salt. I have a molly tank that I add 1 tsp. of salt to 5 gals. I put in 2 loaches to kill the snails and they did not last 2 days. Live and learn. Keep with the melafix.

The little thing didnt look like a worm, just 3 white dots that move.

My loach hasnt had any problems with the salt, and I havent added any more salt w/ WCs. In fact I did 1 last night.

The only ich problem I have left is on the loach, and the tail rot on the others is almost gone.

Today, when I get home from school, Im going to clean out the filter, rinse the plants, and wash off the flower pot. And also do a WC.

Im just really glad theres no problems with my other 2 tanks.

Back
Top Bottom