Ms. Mary Misner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marycat02

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name is Mary and I have, at this time just one goldfish. We have a 20 gallon tank and I try to really take good care of it. Some time ago I noticed that our goldfish, Lucy, had this cottonie like stuff just under her right eye. Went to the pet store and they told me she had a fungus. I bought medication for this disease and followed the instructions. I treated the tank and asked at the pet store when this cottonie stuff would go away. They said it might take about a month. This was about at least 6 months ago. I have treated the tank 3 times with this medication. She seems to be fine, but still has this cottonie stubstance. How do I get rid of this?

Hello welcome to AA! You may want to post a new thread in the sick fish section, more people will be able to help you!

Try dosing with melafix and aquarium salt. That should knock it out in a few weeks. Also, while there, pick up the API master kit, and post us some water parameters. Welcome to AA!

Thanks Lauren: I will do so and let you know. I have already tried the aquarium salt but I'm not sure about the Melafix.

marycat02 said:
Thanks Lauren: I will do so and let you know. I have already tried the aquarium salt but I'm not sure about the Melafix.

Aquarium salt is more for ripped fins, you will have better results with Melafix.

Dylan5359 said:
Aquarium salt is more for ripped fins, you will have better results with Melafix.

It'll help fins too. Melafix stops the infection, and the salt helps it heal.

Back
Top Bottom