My angel looks like it hurts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

workfortheman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I've got a gold angel that looks to be in pain, although it's swimming and eating regularly.

For several months, it's had a black spot on it's head, almost between it's eyes and above it's mouth. This black spot seems to move, and I suspect it is some sort of worm or something.

Now, In the same general vacinity of it's face there are what look like bloody marks, almost like cuts. They look painful.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with him? My internet research has led me to believe it is Exophthalmia, or Pop-Eye. But I don't really know what that means.

Is he curable, or should I do him a favor? Thanks!

Here's an older pic of just the "worm". . . I'll try to post an update when I get home from work.

It seems like it will move from the surface of his nose to deeper inside, and back out again. :puppydogeyes: creepy :puppydogeyes:

Speaking of "after work", for some reason, the pic would not display at my work computer, but I can see it now. It does look odd but I can't say what it is for certain.

It is a parisite Erine.. internal or external.. external medications seem the least harmfull to the fish IMO so I would try those in QT first.. thats JMHO though.. :p

Hmmm. . . is a small 5 gallon planted big enough to treat in QT? I'm pretty sure he's losing appetite and energy at this point . . .

Well, I would say that is the same type of problem: internal parasites. From GreenMaji's research, sounds like mine is in the later stages because I've noticed his belly is bigger. . . . ouch!!! I will definitely QT him, since they mentioned it's contagious!!!! Thanks so much for the patient advice. I'll let you know how he fares ;(

Got home from work 2nite and he was passed on. RIP. At least he's not suffering . . . Thanks for the advice, I think I addressed the problem too late to accomplish much of anything. Live and learn ~

sorry to hear you didnt get a chance to get a treatment started (at least you could have seen if the treatment you chose started to do something positive).. better luck next time..

Back
Top Bottom