My Angelfish died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dini75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, today i found one of my Angelfish dead!!! It didn't eat since a week, so i thought there might be sone prb with it. I feel so sorry :-(
What shall i do? Do i need to change water now? It was beatiful black, but today when i found it was greyish. The other fish seem ok. Help please with advise!
Info in tank: 180 l, planted, 4 Angelfish, 6 Tetras, 2 Anci, 6 small cortdoras. Tank was set up in september.
Thanks
Edina

Hi, today i found one of my Angelfish dead!!! It didn't eat since a week, so i thought there might be sone prb with it. I feel so sorry :-(
What shall i do? Do i need to change water now? It was beatiful black, but today when i found it was greyish. The other fish seem ok. Help please with advise!
Info in tank: 180 l, planted, 4 Angelfish, 6 Tetras, 2 Anci, 6 small cortdoras. Tank was set up in september.
Thanks
Edina
I am really sorry about your fish.:nono:
Can you measure the parameters like the nitrite, nitrate, and ammonies levels? We need that info to be able to help. :)

Yes, i did measure, nitrat was 10, nitrit 1, when i found the fish dead.Ph is normally around 7.2-7.6. Kh between 6-10. Gh rather 16. This seems high, i do not know if is a problem for angelfish, they like softer water.

Well, nitries of 1 isn't really a good thing. They should be 0. I would be more concerned about that and the possible ammonia level than with the softness of the water. Fish are fairly adaptable to things like pH and water hardness IMO. However, baby angels are notoriously sensitive. While they are still small, many people have bad luck with dying even in very good water.
Do you know about cycling a tank?

Yes, i learnt about cycling in this forum, i did it, but with bacteria from bottle. I do 30 % pwc every week. I did it yesterday and the no2 no3 values went down.
I will continue watching values and fish. Thanks for advise!

Hi, my values are continue to be good, zero nitrit. But now another Angelfish behaves similarly to the one died: not eating, not so active. This one has it's belly bloated! And breaths a bit faster than the others. Can it be a bacterial infection or parazite? What should i do to save this one?

Hi, my values are continue to be good, zero nitrit. But now another Angelfish behaves similarly to the one died: not eating, not so active. This one has it's belly bloated! And breaths a bit faster than the others. Can it be a bacterial infection or parazite? What should i do to save this one?
How big are the angels you have had die?
This last angel, is the bloated belly even on both sides, or is bigger on one side(potential swim baldder)? Do the scales stick out like a pinecone (dropsy)?
What do you feed them and how often?

Hello, it was around 5 cm (2 inches). Still young. I have separated this other one into a small tank tonight. The aquarist gave me some medicament to treat him. She sais it is bacterial infection and can be contegious.
Both side of belly is swallen, today seems a bit less tough :) no other prb ( eyes are ok, scale ok).
I feed them with frozen blood worm and artemia or granul food from Sera (good quality German fishfood), once a day in the evening. Maybe it is too much at once? Better more times less?

Hello, it was around 5 cm (2 inches). Still young. I have separated this other one into a small tank tonight. The aquarist gave me some medicament to treat him. She sais it is bacterial infection and can be contegious.
Both side of belly is swallen, today seems a bit less tough :) no other prb ( eyes are ok, scale ok).
I feed them with frozen blood worm and artemia or granul food from Sera (good quality German fishfood), once a day in the evening. Maybe it is too much at once? Better more times less?
Since his belly is swollen, I would suggest feeding a little less. Blood worms make a better treat for angels than staple diet. I would recommend just doing the bloodworms a couple times a week rather than everyday. I hope he gets better! Small angels tend to be really sensitive and kind of finicky. Once they get a bit of size on them, they are much hardier, but the babies can definitely be difficult. Its good that you have him in his own tank though so none of his tankmates can bother him and in case the sickness is contageous. :) Keep us updated.

... With good appetite. So they remained 2 out of 4. They seem happy so i don't think i get another new couple of Angelfish. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom