my bala shark keeps twitching and looks almost see though

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

damo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my bala shark keeps twitching as it swims for the past day also since iv had my shark i thought it would 1 day get some colour and i was right it did for about a week then now it looks almost see though again i have a 60L tank 1 bala shark 1 redtail shark 3 tiger barbs 5 black mollys temp is at 80 my ph is 7.8 ammoina 25 nitrate 20 nitrite 0 i was thinking of killing my bala shark if it puts my hole tank at risk i no its not nice and i would prefer not to but id rather lose 1 fish than my hole stock

Take all your fish back and cycle your tank, don't kill anything... Why should fish suffer for your lack of research and care??

Sounds like your bio-filter is having a hard time converting all the bio-load (I'm assuming that the amm is really 0.25), mainly on account you're definitely over / not properly stocked. 60L is way to small for any of those fish (not sure about the mollys as i dont know much about them, but that many in that size is probably a bad thing)... but yeah, as brookster said, try to take them back, and ask here for better suggestions for a tank that size

Take all your fish back and cycle your tank, don't kill anything... Why should fish suffer for your lack of research and care??

+1!!! Plus id like to add how terrible your stocking is. I think the recommended tank size for a bala is a tank that is 5ft wide!!

my tank is cycaled and im happy with my fish they all get on together they dont fight or try to eat each over im having problums with my filter iv jus orderd a new 1 fluval u2 internal filter hopfully that will help keep my ammonia down and no fish in my tank is any bigger than 3 inch by christmas ill have a 3-4 ft tank this one is just tempery

my tank is cycaled and im happy with my fish they all get on together they dont fight or try to eat each over im having problums with my filter iv jus orderd a new 1 fluval u2 internal filter hopfully that will help keep my ammonia down and no fish in my tank is any bigger than 3 inch by christmas ill have a 3-4 ft tank this one is just tempery

Oh of course lol. Well crack on then. Good luck

Hope your bala makes it to the day he gets to be in a bigger tank. I have my doubts.

Oh and a cycled tank will have a reading of 0 for ammonia.

Fish grow. Sometimes pretty fast too!!

the filter i have at the moment is not working as it should do its not filtering the fish waste witch is why i have ammonia in my tank i spoken to my local fish store and they told me to get some medication but i cant aford to this month so im kind of stuck on what to do with my bala at the moment i dont want it to infect my hole tank

Could always return the fish to the lfs. Best thing for it seeing as its not suitable for your erm 15g?? tank. When you get your 3-4ft tank, then buy your tank

Could always return the fish to the lfs. Best thing for it seeing as its not suitable for your erm 15g?? tank. When you get your 3-4ft tank, then buy your tank
the best advice any one could offer you at this point.. Return the fish.. Well keep a Molly, get your new filter, cycle your tank, allllll healthy... Come back here and we'll proper stock your tank;) that bala has no business in anything less than a 6' or 150 gallon tank.. They grow to 12-18"!! Or a whole bunch if centimeters!!

Damo you need to remember just because a fish fits in a tank doesn't mean its suitable.

If a fish hasn't got adequate swimming room that it requires it will become stressed. Stressed fish are more prone to diseases. Diseases can easily be passed onto your other fish.

Balas grow to be huge fish as it is, but they are also very active and like long stretches to swim in. I also believe they prefer to be kept in groups

You dont need to listen to us. Jeez do a simple google search on balas and see for yourself.
(You should of done this before you purchased anyway)

i told you my tank is cycaled sick of people saying that its not and i cant have this fish with that fish every fish is different some times they get on some times they dont im just lucky and all my fish get on all of the time

Damo you need to remember just because a fish fits in a tank doesn't mean its suitable.

If a fish hasn't got adequate swimming room that it requires it will become stressed. Stressed fish are more prone to diseases. Diseases can easily be passed onto your other fish.

Balas grow to be huge fish as it is, but they are also very active and like long stretches to swim in. I also believe they prefer to be kept in groups

You dont need to listen to us. Jeez do a simple google search on balas and see for yourself.
(You should of done this before you purchased anyway)

my 2ft tank is only till i get a bigger one all of my fish are still young as they get older i will upgrate i no how big they grow they can reach up to 1 ft long but most of the time they only get to about 8-9 inch i did have two but it died a while ago

my bala shark keeps twitching as it swims for the past day also since iv had my shark i thought it would 1 day get some colour and i was right it did for about a week then now it looks almost see though again i have a 60L tank 1 bala shark 1 redtail shark 3 tiger barbs 5 black mollys temp is at 80 my ph is 7.8 ammoina 25 nitrate 20 nitrite 0 i was thinking of killing my bala shark if it puts my hole tank at risk i no its not nice and i would prefer not to but id rather lose 1 fish than my hole stock

You tell me where you mention you have a 2ft tank??

Because i read what you had typed and im sure as day i read 60L which by my reckoning is 15gallons. Certainly not 2ft

Lol!!!!!! Im done giving you advice...

Good luck with your tank, your filters and your fish

so whats a 2ft tank in gal never was good at maths lol

A 15 gallon would have the sane footprint as a 20 tall, both are 24" long and 12" wide..

Back
Top Bottom