my betta fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had the tank set up for about two months and everything been good. Water good, i notice today his fin look like part of it went in the shredder. I checked for sharp edges and every decal and plant they were smooth. What i failed to check was the filter intake. Had that black mesh on it, i failed bad becuase that thing is rough. Is there anything i can do for him? Thank you

Plenty of clean water will help him, just had the same issue with mine and one of his filters. Now I'm using my marina s15 which is a lot better for him :)

As previously stated clean warm water & he should heal up just fine. I seem to always have at least one betta with a nip or tear, I just do my regular water changes & they heal up. if it were fin rot I'd up the frequency of the water changes because thats usually due to water quality. With my filter intakes I use a pre filter sponge so the Bettas fins don't get sucked into it. I'm actually going to switch over to sponge filters. I set one up yesterday in my newest 10g Betta tank I'm really liking the gentleness of it & the fact I don't have to worry about the intake.

Back
Top Bottom