My betta is sick :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superhero360

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have had my betta for at least 6 months now and he has always been happy and healthy. I got him his own 5 Gallon tank (with heater) since he wasn't getting along with my other fish (who are all healthy).

Since three days now my betta all of a sudden developed white spots on his body, he lays on the ground and only occasionally moves around. He still tries to catch some food but I don't think he eats that much if at all.
I tried Melafix for three days till I read online that this might actually be bad for betta fish so I stopped it and took 15% water out, yesterday and today again.

Can you advise me what to do next? I don't even know what happened. The only thing that happened to this tank was that the silicone of the sealant came off. I exchanged my tank but some pieces where floating around the tank for a while. I hope that didn't make him sick.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thank you.

betta_01.jpg

betta_02.jpg

betta_03.jpg

-Superhero360

Sounds like he has a disease called ICK it can be cured by buying a medication for your fish called ICK control.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom