My betta isn't doing good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemomma456

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta's gills are sticking out also his head is at a weird angle please help!!! He is also sitting on the bottom of the tank. I moved him to a betta bowl thing from his 10 gallon so the pic is from the 10 gallon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428108341579.jpg
    1428108341579.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 62
He's just flaring its common. Also please only make one post on the same topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has been like that for 2 days

If the betta can see his reflection he will flare up and try to attack. This happens if the tank light is on and the room is dark, or it can happen if you hold a mirror up to the tank. If this goes on for an extended period of time the little guy will get tired from flaring his gills and "strutting his stuff".

In addition, check his Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and temperature.

I did the water was a little weird but I have him in a diffrent tank for now until he get a little better

I did the water was a little weird but I have him in a diffrent tank for now until he get a little better

What does the water was as little weird mean? Lol

It was a little acidic and hard I still need to fix the hardness though

It was a little acidic and hard I still need to fix the hardness though

How about we start with the parameters?

Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH.

What do you usually do to change the pH of the water? What is the pH of your tap water?

I just have some tester strip so I don't have amonia which is bad so I will get some and when I tested everything it tests for was good except the hardness was high and the water was a little too alkaline

I just have some tester strip so I don't have amonia which is bad so I will get some and when I tested everything it tests for was good except the hardness was high and the water was a little too alkaline

Look for a liquid kit. The strips are inaccurate and a stable PH is better then a "trying to make perfect PH"

We really need actual numbers please, one person's "good" can easily be another person's bad.

What about what you use to change the pH and the pH of your tap water?

We really need actual numbers please, one person's "good" can easily be another person's bad.

What about what you use to change the pH and the pH of your tap water?

If he's using strips the results won't really mean much right? Maybe they'd put you on the right track sort of thing?

If he's using strips the results won't really mean much right? Maybe they'd put you on the right track sort of thing?

They are close enough to accurate for this. I've tested them side by side with a liquid test kit and they were very nearly the same.

For my pH I got this stuff that says to use it weekly it's called easy balance plus

Back
Top Bottom