My bettas died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
My bettas, Kylie and Zachary, died within a day of each other. :cry:

Kylie was the most beautiful color of purple. He loved his java moss bed, and he liked to explore his plants and watch the CO2 diffuser bubble away. He was always cheerful and happy. I never had to put him in a QT tank and give him any medicine. He died of old age - he was at least a year and a half old. He had a very good fishy life! I will miss him very much.

I got Zachary about 6 weeks ago. He was a big blue betta with some crowntail finnage. He looked fine, but within a week it was apparent that something was wrong. I tried everything I could think of to get him well again. I feel bad because he never had a chance. But after he died, and I removed him from the tank, I was shocked to see that he had already decomposed somewhat and the water smelled very bad. This has never happened with any of my other fish, so it made me think that there was something else going on with him that I couldn't prevent or treat.

Goodbye, Kylie and Zachary :angel: :angel:

I've lost bettas and it is hard especially when you grow attached to them!! I'm soo sorry for your loss!

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I hate losing fish because 'even though they're fish' (as some people say) you do become attached and you do feel guilt over it. Just know that you did all you could to help them!

awww man thats a bummer, betta's are hard to loose because they follow you around the tank and look so cute, really sorry to hear that

I am sorry to hear about your bettas, I had 6 too and mine didnt last long either.

Hey the fish had the same name as me, im named kylie too!

LOL! Thanks again...

I named him Kylie because I needed a name that rhymed with Wylie, another betta I had at the time. I just went through the alphabet, adding letters to the "ylie" sound, and thought Kylie sounded good! :)

Back
Top Bottom