My biggest oscar just decided to beat up my red hook last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex.walkerrrrr

Aquarium Advice Regular
My oscars and red hooks have been living together with no problem for months but last night my biggest oscar decided he wanted to beat up my red hook, I have two but he was only picking on one

It's a 125 that they are in and they have been all growing up there, I got the oscars around 3 inches and now the biggest is almost 7

Is the aggression because he is getting older and more mature and territorial?

You can see my member intro to look at my tank and what it's stocked with but for now I just moved both of the red hooks into my 46 bow front angel tank

I used to have an Oscar that would totally destroy his tank. The lid, light, everything would get thrown off/out of the tank. I expected to come home from work and find him gasping on the living room carpet. He didn't have tank mates or he probably would have beaten them up.

I had water dripping from the ceiling a few times.

He didn't start out this way. It got worse over time and I suspect he was having fun and enjoying it. He got rehomed to someone with a huge tank and fish bigger than he was.

Back
Top Bottom