my black ghost died last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Elizabeth

Aquarium Advice Regular
:( we just had 2 super typhoons here in the philippines. i think our dam got flooded and the water got so bad. in some parts of manila water stinks of the sewers. in my place we didnt have the smell in the water but it became cloudy. after a while the water became clear so i think it's ok to clean my tank. so i prepared a small bucket of water put some antichlorine in it. i have no worries cause i've change my water like this many times. after i changed the water i even put some vitamins then after a few minutes i heared something fall . when i turned to look i saw my BGK lying on the floor so i immediately put Midnight (my BGK) back into the tank but it didnt survived. i also noticed that my other fishes are trying to breathe at the top of the water. i watched helplessly praying that they won't die, i added more antichlorine and soon i noticed that they have become active again. sadly for my BGK i think the fall killed him. i learned just this morning that the water company added more chlorine in our water to clean it. i am so stupid... i cried myself to sleep :( :( :( :( . when i first got my BGK it was only 2 1/2" after 3 months it grew to 6 1/2" :( :( :( :(

I'm sorry to hear that, I lost one of my fish recently too it was a "ELEpHANT NOSE" I don't know what killed him though I had him for a while and one day recently I noticed him just wobbling in the tank then he just sunk and I tried to help get him back up and swimming but he couldn't he just kept sinking then he finally past away on me :( water specs are all fine and temp, I haven't added any new fish in the tank with him in a very long time so I dunno what caused it.

I'm so sorry for your loss! I hate when I lose fish.

For sure it was somthing in your water...I'm sure that is why they attempted to jump out.

Do you have a cover over your tank?

Next time you have water problems...boil it if your pretty sure it hasn't been contaminated with chemicals.

Can you obtain a source of distilled water for emergency ussage?

Really sorry about what happened!

I'm so sorry to hear about this. :( On my bottle of dechlorinator, Novaqua, it says that the dose can be increased without adverse effects, or something like that. If you think the water co. added more chlorine, you could add more dechlor, or maybe you could have some bottled water on hand for emergencies. I hope your other fish are ok.

Sorry for your loss. :cry: People who aren't into this hobby don't realize that you actually get attached to your fish. I get so sad too whenever I lose a fish.

i have a glass cover but my BGK managed to jump out cause it's body is thinner, my other fishes are ok, but i havent recovered yet from Midnight's death... you are right severum that other people dont realize that we love our fishes as much as we love our dogs and other pets. .. i lost a friend, i know you guys also feel this connection with your fish, you know they love you in return whenever they would swim around and play when they hear you talk and walk into the room. it's not only because they are hungry, they would greet me even if if they are full, it's like their way of saying they are happy to see us. they dont do this to other members of my family, they just simply ignore them.... :( :( :(

Back
Top Bottom