My black moor is sick (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could it be the carbon emitting toxins into the water? I was told to religiously change carbon every 4-6 weeks to avoid that. It might be worth changing one of the filter pads now, and then another in a few weeks (so as not to remove all the BB at once).

Hope your little guys get better.

:)

Could it be the carbon emitting toxins into the water? I was told to religiously change carbon every 4-6 weeks to avoid that. It might be worth changing one of the filter pads now, and then another in a few weeks (so as not to remove all the BB at once).

Hope your little guys get better.

:)

No, the ph needed to do that is well outside aquarium keeping. On what I can find to read and from using carbon I've never noticed a problem there.

It's more at that point that the filter capacity of carbon is getting exhausted. It's interesting as well that I've had carbon in tank for a few months, turned off that filter to treat an infection, turned back on to notice it making a difference on reducing dye / meds but not doing much for water clarity.

Back
Top Bottom