My first illness-Help me please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just noticed today that one of my zebra danios now looks like a rummy nosed tetra. His entire head area has turned bright red back to his gills. When i first got hm i noticed a little red but didn't know any better and thought it was normal. What is it and how do i get rid of it??

I'm not sure that I can be of much help either, but at least I can speed the process along.

Someone will likely come along and ask for you water parameters, tank size, other inhabitants, etc... Perhaps posting that first will help them figure out what's wrong...

Good luck!
Sara

I have no idea what it is but would recommend getting the fish into quarrantine right away until the cause can be determined. Any more history that you can give would be helpful, like if it is a new addition, or if you have had new additions to the tank recently, and, as above, water parameters.

I don't have to worry about the quarrantine..the fish died. Im not sure what the issue was but I was observing th fish all day yesterday and all of a sudden all the other fish turned on him and when he got near any of them the attacked him.
The other danios did it the mollies, the bloodfin tetras and the catfish. i have a small empty betta bowl so I siphoned some water from my tank and pull him out of the main tank..he went bell-up within an hour. the quy at the fish store said he looked like he hemmoraged? Who knows..I'm keeping a close watch on all the others and I'm continuing to medicate..so we'll se what happens. So strange :( he got sick and died within 36 hrs.

Glass,

As it turns out i belive that the fish had mouth fungus..and all my other danios were showing signs of the same problem...I have been following the instrutions on the back of the bottle that says treat for 7 days then replace charcoal and do a 25% water change. So thats what i will do. the other danios are looking better already.

Back
Top Bottom