My fish are dieing! - suspected velvet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knereim

Aquarium Advice Regular
I came home from work today and my baby (2 months old) marble Molly which was fine this morning was laying on the bottom of the tank and just letting the current take him I removed him from the tank (65) and noticed he has big raised white bumps and looks really dark. He just lays in the at tank unless you tap the side or touch him a little bit. Any info would help ASAP if its a disease I need it out of my tank an How?!?!? Thank you so much

He swims up slowly and rolls over on his side and upside down than corrects himself and lays on his side on the bottom =[

Could you post some pictures? Small white bumps could be ich but it could be a number of things. Definitely need some photos. Also, sorry to hear about your fish. :(

You can't see the bumps in the picture. But she looks dead except her mouth and gills moving unfit you bump the tank. Doesn't look like shell make it through the night I gave her a very tiny dose of ick guard I'm more worried about my community tank

Do you have another tank to out her in? I don't know what it is but I don't want it to affect your other fish. What kind of fish are in he tank and when was the last fish added?

In my tank is one medium marble Molly one large plecostumous three sword tails one rainbow shark. The little one is in a separate qt tank and was added about a month ago and was doing just fine

whats going on in my tank?

So last night I posted a thread about my baby fish in my 65 this morning I wake up and here's what my large Pleco looked like the little bumps aren't normal any help?

ForumRunner_20120523_080351.jpg

RIP Lil one =\ I wish I didn't give the other offspring to PETCO

PH???

What's the easiest way to lower my Ph right now its at 8

You dont need to lower it in most cases. Most (if not all) fish adapt to water ph. If you are set on it then peat moss works.

My ph stays between 8.0 and 8.4 and I've never had issues

Oh OK I'm trying to figure out why my fish seem sick =\

I have a 65 with one marble Molly one rainbow shark one large pleco one large danio and three sword tails. My sword tails and my rainbow shark are laying around together on the bottom and my pleco has lots of weird sand looking bumps on his whole body. Last night I lost my 2 month baby marble Molly he stopped swimming and kept swimming a little than turning belly up and sinking until he passed. I have a feeling something not right in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom